After you’ve designed your e-commerce site and entered all your products, you may have several options for a product. For example, for a cap, you have several colors or sizes that differ in price from each other. This would make your product list too long and your online store messy if you don’t rank each product with its different options. So today, I’m explaining how to put it all together.
1-HOW TO CLASSIFY PRODUCTS INTO CATEGORIES ON YOUR E-COMMERCE SITE?
First of all, you have to create your e-commerce site on Woocommerce that is easier to handle whether you are an expert or a novice and that has enormous flexibility in adding the different features. Then, download from the dashboard of your Woocommerce site, the product add-ons extension or Woocommerce block that is best suited to add product options that is, to categorize products on your Woocommerce e-commerce site.
1-TOP EXTENSIONS TO ADD OPTIONS FOR A PRODUCT ON YOUR WOOCOMMERCE SITE.
- Product add-ons
- Woocommerce block
The product add-ons extension allows you to customize your products by offering several options to better satisfy the customer and push him to return to your online store. With product add-ons, you can offer specialized options to your customers before they validate their order from drop-down lists, checkboxes, custom prices, and image choice all configurable globally or from the product editing page.
Thus, you will be able to:
- Offer different images of the same product to allow the customer to choose what suits him best
- Charge customers a fixed rate regardless of the number of products
- Charge a rate based on a percentage of the total price. Particularly useful for modules based on services that would be difficult to associate with a fixed price.
- Let your customers write custom text to find unique products, add a monogram, or customize a card.
- Let the customer choose supplements through predefined options from drop-down lists.
- Let the customer choose supplements through checkboxes. Ideal for services like gift wrapping or express delivery.
- Allow the customer to set his price. Ideal for tips, donations and gratuities!
This extension is exclusively compatible with the extension:
- WooCommerce Subscriptions to add additional options to subscription products.
- WooCommerce Bookings to offer additional paid options to booking sites.
It is possible to add a name and description to the options, rearrange them and set prices (optional). However, the product option module will appear on the product page just above the add to cart button.
The free Woocommerce block extension can be use independently.
Designed to work with the new block editor introduced with WordPress 5.0, WooCommerce Blocks offers a range of blocks that you can use to build and customize your site. You can use this extension if you want to access all the blocks available for WooCommerce mentioned below:
- Featured Product Block: Select and display a single product in a new and impactful way. Control text alignment, hide or show price and description, add color overlay, change the call-to-action button, and replace the product photo.
- Featured Category block: Visually highlight a product category to increase traffic to a specific section of your store.
- Handpicked Products block: Display manually selected products in a grid. Products can be sorted in different ways.
- Best Selling Products block: View a grid of your best-selling products. You can filter them by category.
- Top Rated Products block: Display a grid of your highest-rated products. You can filter them by category.
- Latest Products block: View a grid of your most recent products. You can filter them by category.
- Promo Products Block: Display a grid of your promo products. You can filter them by category.
- Products by Category block: View a product grid of the categories you selected. Products can be sorted in different ways.
- Products by Labels block: Display a product grid based on a specific label that allows you to highlight products based on more precise classification options.
- Products by Attribute block: View a product grid from the attributes you selected.
- Product Category List block: View all your product categories as a list or drop-down menu and help buyers find a specific category.
- Product Reviews: Display customer reviews about a specific product to build trust in your product and brand.
- Category Reviews: Highlight specific category reviews and help merchants make an informed purchase decision.
- All reviews: Display a list of all product reviews on a landing page, blog post, or any other page on your site.
- Product search: Help buyers find your products by placing a text box to search in certain places.
- All products: Display all products in your store as a grid with paging and sorting options. Requires WordPress 5.3.
- Filter products by price: Display a slider to filter the products in your store by price. Works in conjunction with the All Products block. Requires WordPress 5.3.
- Filter products by attribute: View a filter list based on a chosen product attribute. Works in conjunction with the All Products block. Requires WordPress 5.3.
- Active product filters: View a list of active product filters. Works in combination with the Filter products by price and Filter products by attribute blocks. Requires WordPress 5.3.
- Mini cart: Allows customers to check the contents of their cart from any store page.
- Cart block: View the current contents of the cart (currently in the experimental stage. Please read this article for more details).
- Order Validation block: Display the order validation page, with the customer’s contact details, shipping options (depending on the type of product) and payment method (currently in the experimental stage. Please read this article for more details).
If you want to categorize products to offer visitors a wiser choice and thus organize your online store for better operation, here is as much extension to help you achieve your goals. Contact us for support.
PLEASE OUR FREE TIPS HERE